1 a close observer; someone who looks at something (such as an exhibition of some kind); "the spectators applauded the performance"; "television viewers"; "sky watchers discovered a new star" [syn: spectator, witness, watcher, looker]
2 an optical device for viewing photographic transparencies
Someone that views some spectacle; an onlooker or spectator
Someone who watches television
Any optical device used to view photographic slides
Things known as a Viewer include:
- For television viewers, see ratings or Nielsen ratings
- File viewer, a piece of computer software that displays the data stored in a computer file in a human-friendly form.
- Image viewer, a computer program that displays a stored graphical image.
- Pocket viewer, a model range of Personal Digital Assistants developed by Casio
- ViEWER, a computer program written for the purposes of studying visual perception in a 3-D environment
TV-viewer, accepter, acquirer, addressee, audience, auditor, beholder, bird-watcher, bystander, consignee, drugstore cowboy, eyewitness, gaper, gazer, gazer-on, getter, girl-watcher, goggler, hearer, holder, kibitzer, listener, looker, looker-on, observer, obtainer, ogler, onlooker, payee, perceiver, percipient, procurer, receiver, recipient, seer, sidewalk superintendent, spectator, spectatress, spectatrix, taker, televiewer, television-viewer, trustee, video-gazer, watcher, witness